Monday, July 26, 2010

I was on accutane for a few months and i have red spots and indented scars. what can i do to reduce them?

i went to the derm. and she said that microdermabrasion has given her clients poor results. is there any creams or masks or anything i can do do reduce these marks? :(I was on accutane for a few months and i have red spots and indented scars. what can i do to reduce them?
Hey, I was in the same situation. Wait a bit before you decide to do anything about the scarring (a good six months post-accutane at least). I had red spots %26amp; indentation. The red spots went away on their own but the indentation didn't. I got seven treatments of microdermabrasion for the indentation and it worked. Skin is smooth now. I waited a year and a half before I got the micro. I've also heard about glycolic peels, and laser skin restoration..I was on accutane for a few months and i have red spots and indented scars. what can i do to reduce them?
I was accutane as well and have a few red spots on my cheecks, my doctor told me with time these should fade away with time, and some of mine have. I would not worry so much though becuase most people will not judge you for a few red marks and dents, and the ones that do shouldn't be hanging around you. I have heard that vitamin E cream and vitamin e pills are very good for healthy skin and increase healing of the skin. Aloe vera gel works well too. Also, if your face is cleared u, I have heard that scar treatment works very well! Good luck.
I've been there too. I have two suggestions. Take your pick. They both have worked nicely for me.





A simple, natural solution is Vitamin E oil. Apply twice a day to the red spots and scars. You should notice them fading within the next couple weeks.





A more expensive, but effective approach is Skin Culture USA peel 4000. This is a very effective peel, but not harsh enough to hurt your skin. It takes off several layers of skin and promotes growth of newer and much more even toned skin. It lasts for 6 days, though you only actually peel for about 2 or 3, and costs about $180. (They also have Peel 1000, 2000, %26amp; 3000, which are less intense...I hear the 3000 works very well, too, though) Here's the website:





Good luck!
To prevent stretch marks and scars effectively use cocoa butter or a mixture of olive oil and herbs. You can find more cheap and natural remedies for stretch marks and scars at


http://www.wellnesstalk.org/stretchmarks鈥?/a>
The marks will go away on their own, but the scars will be there forever unless you ask him for CO2 Laser Resurfacing (you're insurance will probably won't cover it but it costs around $4,000) Anyways, microdermabasion won't give you great results but it will make you skin baby soft!

No comments:

Post a Comment